Monday, April 30, 2012

Girls Trip 2012


OK .  6th Annual Girls Trip was a success!  No real drama.  I have to say South Beach…tres expensive!  I think more than New York actually.  We stayed at The Palms Hotel and Spa.  Its about 1 mile North of downtown South Beach.  Pretty nice place,…not the Ritz but good.  I can’t believe the price of a drink in South Beach.  We stopped one night at the “W” for a drink after dinner….get this…… Southern Comfort on the rocks,( you know the cheap, sweet stuff) $25!!! How do they get away with it??  The possibility of spotting a celebrity maybe, just one glimpse of George Clooney sipping a Martini would make it worth the money spent.  Well obviously if that would have happened I would have started the post with the announcement.  Suffice to say we only stayed for one. 

 And needless to say, quite happy I smuggled a couple bottles of wine in my suitcase! 

But back to the good stuff…10 of us girls.  Beachin it, going to the spa, shopping, napping, eating, drinking, laughing….oh a lot of laughing.  You see I have this wax story.  I really didn’t know it was that funny.  But telling a story to Nancy always makes it more funny.  And I have found that the more you reveal, the truth,…it’s flippin hilarious.  As I type, I’m smiling.   You see, I told this story three times  And…more was revealed each time.  All truth.  I can’t type the story because there is a good chance someone would read it that I really don’t want to hear it.  But feel free to ask me.  My first waxing experience is ingrained on my brain, surly not to be forgotten.

OK so back to the trip.  First night we had sushi at Nobu, fantastic.  Second Night, Prime 112 Steakhouse.  Awesome!  Honestly the best green salad I have ever had.  I am not sure why, but the salad did include these sweet chunks of bacon with just the right amount of salty to them.  Mouth-watering good. 

The highlight of my spa experience was the steam room.  Honestly the best steam room I have ever been in.  Face melting steam.  The best around.  The spa itself..eehhh not so great but the steam room was fantastic.  Our “spa whores” of the group, this trip was no different…..we did not see much of them.  They even went out looking for an additional spa and got treatments there!
We are already planning another trip.  One weekend a year just isn't enough time.  We are talking about a ski trip.........

No comments:

Post a Comment