Monday, May 28, 2012

Summer is Coming!!

Summer time, Summer time sum sum summertim!  Summer is coming!  Everyone loves summer,...picnics, sleeping in, summer camp, staying up late, vacation...Its exhausting but we love it!  The kids can't wait till school is out!  But tell me how wierd it is...the last three days of school are 1/2 days??? Hello,..why go to school?  Do you think they are going to learn anything?  I am going to think of it as a kind of weining.  The kids being weined from school and the parents being weined from schedules and solace.  This is not something I welcome... I am a little nervous for the end of school.  I'm half out of my mind with the kids as it is, now what??  A 6 y/o little boy needs running, jumping, swimming, screaming, laughing, yelling, COMPLAINING, playing, gaming, running, jumping...oh I said that already.  I'm exhausted just typing it!  God love him, the little genius but good lord mama needs some rest and a drink!



We don't have real big plans this year for summer vacation.  We were going to go to Italy in July.  Decided Jack was too young and started planning that trip for next year.  Well after much consideration and anxiety attacks I convinced Brett to make the trip next year...just the two of us.  Much better plan.  Our first trip abroad I want to remember for the awesome time we had, not how miserable we all were because .........  God love him and so do I but he is just high maintenance and I long for the day when that ends.  Sooo....this year.  Mac has a volleyball tournament in Ohio.  A national tournament because she and her team is fantastic.  So we are doing that then Lilly and I will be going to the UP to see Grandpa Perry for a few days.  Thats about it!  We have to save for that Italy trip anyway.

We are leaving Thursday for our annual Memorial day weekend trip to Duck key.  Thats always a good trip.  I barely need to bring clothes for that trip.  Bikini all day,..I'm good.  The Keys are the greatest.  Sand Volleyball, pools, beaches, Pina Coladas, Margharitas and fresh fish. (Insert Jimmy Buffet tune).  I do tend to gain a few pounds but its worth it.  Rest and relaxation.  Thankfully my kids are like little fish so no water worries.    Just lots of sunscreen needed!  We love this trip.   

No comments:

Post a Comment